(June 28th - July 5th)

During trench battles period, another partial attack of allied forces, before the main attack, was directed to Zığındere hillside which was on the left wing of battle field. The advance, which was accepted as a great success by the French, had to be acquired on the left wing of battle field in Kerevizdere Battles as well. Zığındere trenches in the west of Kirte Deresi were guarded by 11th Division at Colonel Refet's command. Thus, another important obstacle was going to be removed on track of Alçıtepe and the progress in the center was not going to be exposed to fire from right and left wings.

General Hunter Weston commissioned General De Lisle to command the campaign and let him organize the infantry in a way he considered appropriate. He also put Indian Division and 156th Brigade under General De Lisle's order. Another remarkable point in those battles was the allocation of 12,000 rounds of ammunition.

That meant the shot away the 1/3 of all the ammunition in Seddülbahir.

However, total number of cannon balls in Third Kirte Battles was 6000. In this battle, the amount of cannon balls increased although the number of front lines decreased. Moreover, in the next periods of the battles this amount was exceeded and it reached 16000. This is quite enough to show how bloody are the Zığındere Battles.

Heavy bombardment that started on the early morning of June 28th at 2.00 a.m continued till the early hours of the day. During the first attack, the British got the control of trenches (guarded by 33rd Regiment 2nd Battalion 5th Division) which they called Boomerang and they hold 100 prisoners of war. The trenches were easy to be captured because they were destroyed by heavy artillery fire. They were captured by the British about midday.

The advance of the British in Triyandafil Farm and Keçi Deresi area was stopped by the reinforcement battalions. South Group Commander Weber Pasha offered Army Command to withdraw the units to eastern border of Soğanlıdere but Liman Pasha did not accept this withdrawal because it might have caused panic among soldiers. Mehmed Nihad stated that each side did not drive a profit from this struggle. On the contrary, many soldiers were martyred in this attack.